Friday, July 27, 2012

Recovery song: Disputation


This song came out of thinking about "triggers" or whatever you want to call them - life events that put stress on me and would have given me an excuse for using.

Lyrics:


This kind of thing
would always get me started
The phone would ring
fear would grip my heart and
Then off I'd run
to hide among the bottles
Problem not solved
but I could not be bothered

CHORUS
There's something to be said for disputation
Facing up to the facts of situations
Emotions conjure up endless permutations
But I want a life and not an imitation

The walls come down
I'm feeling kind of lonely
No one around
The life a solo party
A shot right now
the night is getting started
I could go out
and come home broken-hearted

REPEAT CHORUS X 2

No comments:

Post a Comment